crispy seafood with herb dipping sauce
- 1 cup (200g) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 12 medium green (raw) prawns (shrimp), peeled, tails intact
- 2 eggwhites, lightly beaten
- 4 x 120g firm white fish fillets, skin removed, chopped
- 4 calamari hoods, cleaned, sliced and scored
herb dipping sauce
- ¼ cup chopped chervil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make the dipping sauce, place the chervil, parsley, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the flour, fennel seeds, salt and lemon rind in a bowl and stir to combine. Heat 1cm of oil in a large, deep frying pan. Dip the prawns in the eggwhite and toss in flour mixture to coat. Fry, in batches, for 1–2 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with the fish and calamari. Serve with herb dipping sauce. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.