- 400g spaghetti
- 4 egg yolks
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk (a lighter touch)
- ⅔ cup (50g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 10-12 slices prosciutto, torn
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8−10 minutes or until just soft.
- Place a colander in the sink and, wearing oven gloves, pour the pasta in to drain. Return the pasta to the pan and place over low heat.
- Working quickly, add the egg yolks, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper and, using tongs, stir for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and is coating the pasta.
- Divide the pasta between 4 serving plates and top with the prosciutto. Sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.