edamame avo smash super-green fritters
- 1 x quantity spinach and zucchini fritters (see link under recipe)
- 1 x quantity edamame avo smash (see link under recipe)
- 240g (8½ oz) broccolini (sprouting broccoli), trimmed and blanched
- ½ cup (12g/½ oz) small red-veined sorrel leaves
- ¾ cup (210g/7½ oz) labne or plain Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Divide the fritters between serving plates and top with the edamame avo smash and broccolini. Sprinkle with the sorrel leaves.
- Place a large spoonful of the labne onto each frittata, making a small indent with the back of the spoon. Drizzle the labne with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ We so often associate green vegies with lunch or dinner, but I’m quite partial to serving these feel-good fritters for breakfast too – especially on a Saturday! Just add soft-poached eggs in place of the labne and top with a little fresh chilli if you like it.
Photography: Con Poulos
It’s a very simple and delicious recipe. Made it for lunch today and enjoyed eating eat. I was a bit worried about flipping the fritters, as I didn’t want them to fall apart, but they kept their shape well (maybe because I have a really good new frying pan I couldn’t find edamame beans in my local supermarket, so I used frozen broad beans in the avo mash. Will make it again!