creamy potato and salmon bake
- 800g Sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup (120g) crème fraîche
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 x 100g salmon fillets, skin off
- ⅓ cup (90g) store-bought basil pesto
- 50g rocket (arugula) leaves
- ¼ cup dill leaves
- Preheat oven to 250°C (475°F). Place the potato, crème fraîche, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Arrange in an even layer in a 24cm round heavy-based ovenproof saucepan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and bake, uncovered, for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper, drizzle with the remaining oil and place on top of the potatoes. Bake for a further 6 minutes or until golden and cooked to your liking. Drizzle with pesto and top with rocket and dill to serve. Serves 4.
Amazing dish…. I used sweet potato & crispy skin salmon!! Absolutely delicious!!