prawns with bloody mary mayonnaise
and celery salt
- 1kg cooked prawns (shrimp), shells intact
- celery salt+, to serve
bloody mary mayonnaise
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- To make the bloody mary mayonnaise, place the mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle with the celery.
- Place the prawns on serving plates (on crushed ice, if you like), sprinkle with the celery salt and extra celery, and serve with the bloody mary mayonnaise. Serves 4
+ You can buy celery salt in supermarkets or make your own with 1 teaspoon celery seeds and 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes.
Tip: You can serve the prawns on a bed of crushed ice, if you like.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.