fragrant green chicken curry
- 1 x quantity Thai green curry paste (see recipe link under method)
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 8 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, stems removed and finely shredded
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ½ cup (80g) roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- white rice and lime wedges, to serve
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring frequently, for 2–3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and stock, stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken, return to a simmer and cook for 5–8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the fish sauce and stir to combine.
- Top the curry with the lime leaf, coriander, cashews and chilli. Serve with the rice and lime wedges. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
My favourite Thai Green curry. I love how you add the extras at the table.
donna hay team
Hi Kirsty, For this recipe either soy sauce or coconut aminos is a great substitute for fish sauce. Hope this helps! DH Team
Hi Donna, is there an alternative to fish sauce which could be added to give similar but not fishy flavour? (Fishophobe here!) Thanks!