fried brown rice with lettuce cups
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- ¼ cup store-bought crispy fried shallots (eschalots)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (30g) finely shredded ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons store-bought Asian chilli jam
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 4 cups (800g) cooked brown rice
- 4 eggs
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- bean sprouts, coriander (cilantro) leaves, Thai basil leaves and Chinese black vinegar, to serve
- Place the chilli, sesame seeds, chia seeds, pepitas and crispy shallots in a bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the chilli jam, soy sauce, onion and rice to the pan and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the rice is crispy. Remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm. Add the remaining oil to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Fry the eggs for 2–3 minutes or until just set.
- Divide the fried rice, lettuce leaves and eggs between serving plates. Top with the bean sprouts, coriander, basil, ginger and garlic. Sprinkle with the seed mixture and serve with black vinegar. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.