- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (whisk them in a bowl)
- 1 cup (85g) finely chopped broccoli (about ½ head broccoli)
- 3 green onions (scallions), trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 5 cups (1kg) cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Place half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the egg and make a gentle swirly motion with the pan so it coats the base in a nice thin layer. Cook for 1 minute or until just set and the edges are beginning to turn golden.
- Carefully slide the omelette onto a board, using a spatula. Once cooled a little, roll it up and slice it. Cover to keep warm.
- Place the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli, onion and ginger and cook, stirring with a spatula, for 2 minutes or until the broccoli is bright green and a little bit soft (you’ll also start to smell the ginger in the air).
- Add the rice, peas and soy sauce to the pan and cook, stirring a few times, for a further 3–4 minutes or until the rice is steaming hot. Top with the sliced omelette and serve with some extra soy or chilli sauce, if you like. Serves 4
TIP: You can swap out frozen peas for frozen, shelled edamame beans, if you like.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.