grilled chicken tikka
with roti and sumac yoghurt
- 6 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and halved
- ½ cup (125g) tikka curry paste
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- store-bought roti, Farmer’s Union Greek Style Natural yoghurt sprinkled with sumac and mint leaves, to serve
tikka curry paste
- 1 cup (280g) Farmer’s Union Greek Style Natural yoghurt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (20g) finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (cilantro) seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- To make the tikka curry paste, place the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, coriander seeds, salt, paprika and chilli powder in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Preheat oven grill (broiler) to high.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken, tikka curry paste, salt and pepper and mix until the chicken is well coated.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and drizzle with oil. Grill for 15 minutes or until a deep golden colour and cooked through.
- Top the roti with chicken and serve with cucumber, sumac yoghurt and mint. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
This recipe is from Donna’s book One Pan Perfect - click here to purchase
There are no comments for this entry yet.