harissa and smoked paprika beef mince flatbread
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 red onion, grated
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large round Turkish bread
- nigella seeds, to serve
- store-bought hummus, to serve (optional)
CHARGRILLED CAPSICUM SAUCE
- ½ cup (125g) store-bought chargrilled capsicum
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- To make the chargrilled capsicum sauce, place the capsicum, tomato, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat and add the capsicum mixture. Cook for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced. Set aside.
- Place the mince, harissa, paprika, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the mince mixture and cook, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, for 8–10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Spread the chargrilled capsicum sauce over the bread. Top with the mince, garlic and nigella seeds and serve with the hummus (if using). Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.