harissa, chickpea and
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
- 100g baby kale leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, to serve
- baby (micro) mint leaves (optional), to serve
- Place the harissa, tomatoes, paprika and stock in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and, using a hand-held stick blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth.
- Return to medium heat, add the chickpeas, kale, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute or until the kale is wilted.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls and top with yoghurt and mint leaves to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.