harissa roast chicken
with minted yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon store-bought harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 x 1.8kg whole chicken, halved
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup (140g) Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the garlic, harissa, oil, half the lemon juice, honey salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the lemon pieces and chicken, skin-side up, in a large roasting tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Rub the chicken all over with the marinade. Roast for 30–35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is golden.
- Place the mint, yoghurt, remaining lemon juice and salt in a small food processor and process to combine. Serve chicken with the minted yoghurt. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.