hoisin-glazed pork meatballs with rice noodles
- 1½ cups (105g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 600g pork mince
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ⅔ cup (160ml) hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- cooked rice noodles, cooked gai lan (Chinese broccoli), sesame seeds and sliced green chilli to serve
- Place the breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak.
- Add the mince, onion, ginger, salt and 2 tablespoons of the hoisin and mix well to combine. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs for 6–8 minutes or until browned.
- Add the water, vinegar and remaining hoisin and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 8–10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked and the sauce has reduced slightly. Serve with noodles, gai lan, sesame seeds and chilli. Serves 4
+ The meatballs can be made in advance and frozen raw. Thaw completely before cooking.
+ You can swap the mince in these recipes for any of your favourite sausages. Just remove the meat from the casings before using.
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.