- 200g spaghetti
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4−6 slices prosciutto, torn
- basil leaves, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8−10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, return the pasta to the pan and place over low heat.
- Working quickly, add the egg yolks, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper and stir for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and coated the pasta.
- Divide the pasta between 2 serving plates and top with the prosciutto. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and basil to serve. Serves 2
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.