juniper, blackcurrant and vincotto glazed ham
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) apple and blackcurrant juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (350g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) vincotto
- 6kg ham, rind removed+
- Place the juniper berries, juice, mustard, bay leaves, rosemary, garlic, sugar and vincotto in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the ham, top-side down, in a large, deep-sided oven tray, pour over the glaze and cook for 20 minutes. Turn and cook, basting every 10 minutes, for a further 20 minutes. Serve the ham with the glaze. Serves 12.
+ Use a sharp knife to score the skin around the hock before using your fingers to remove the skin from the ham.
There are no comments for this entry yet.