- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x 6cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 Thai lime leaves, sliced
- 3 long green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 x 750g blocks firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kecap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce), to serve
- gai lan (Chinese broccoli), blanched, to serve
- Place the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, lime leaf, chilli, lime rind, rice malt syrup and vinegar in a small food processor and process to a paste. Spread the lemongrass paste onto the tofu to coat, place on a tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the tofu for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Slice and serve with the kecap manis and gai lan. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.