miso-glazed salmon skewers
- ¼ cup (55g) yellow miso paste
- 2 teaspoons dashi powder+
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 600g skinless salmon fillets, thinly sliced
- amaranth leaves (optional), to serve
- shichimi togarashi, to serve++
- Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Place the miso, dashi powder, mirin and sugar in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Thread the salmon onto metal skewers and place on 2 large oven trays lined with aluminium foil. Brush each side of the salmon with the miso marinade.
- Cook the salmon, in 2 batches, for 4 minutes or until golden and slightly charred. Set aside and keep warm. Place the skewers on a plate with amaranth leaves and sprinkle with shichimi togarashi serve. Serves 4–6.
+ Dashi powder is a Japanese soup stock. It’s available in the Asian aisle of supermarkets and in Asian grocers.
++ Shichimi togarashi is a Japanese spice mixture. It’s available in the Asian aisle of supermarkets and in Asian grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.