mushroom and burnt butter spaghetti
- 400g spaghetti
- 120g unsalted butter, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 250g King Edward mushrooms, sliced
- 6 sprigs thyme
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until the butter starts to foam.
- Add the mushroom, thyme, salt and pepper, and cook for a further 1 minute or until just tender. Add the lemon juice and gently toss to coat.
- Divide the pasta between bowls. Top with the mushroom, thyme and burnt butter sauce, and sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4
Hi there…Loved this recipe to the core…I am sure to try this out.
donna hay team
Hi there, the ‘King Brown’ mushrooms is also known as ‘King Brown’ or ‘King Oyster’ - they typically have a large fleshy stem. The DH team
I´m just reading the recipe in Hamburg/Germany, but I have no idea what kind of mushrooms are “King Edward mushrooms”, even google do not know.