mustard-roasted pumpkin salad
- ½ cup (100g) black quinoa
- 1 small butternut pumpkin (850g), halved and cut into wedges
- 6 red cippolini onions+, halved
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vincotto
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (100g) marinated goat’s cheese
- 2 cups red vein sorrel leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the quinoa in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10–12 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Place the pumpkin and onion on a large oven tray. Place the vinegar, vincotto, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour half the mustard mixture over the pumpkin and onion and toss to combine. Cook, turning halfway, for 25–30 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden and cooked through.
- Top the pumpkin and onion with the quinoa, goat’s cheese and sorrel, and drizzle with the remaining dressing to serve. Serves 4–6
TIPS + TRICKS
+ A cippolini is a small flat sweet onion, which can be found at specialty greengrocers or farmer’s markets. If unavailable, you can also use eschalots (French shallots) or small red onions.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.