onion, sage and gruyère soup
- 1 cup (300g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 litre beef stock
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 12 slices baguette
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- 1 cup (125g) grated gruyère cheese
- Place the onion and thyme in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Preheat a grill (broiler) to high. Divide the soup between 4 small serving bowls.
- Top with the bread, sage and cheese. Place on a tray and grill for 2 minutes or until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.