parsnip and caramelised onion soup
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1kg parsnip, peeled and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1.5 litre chicken stock or vegetable stock
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- cracked black pepper, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and parsnip and cook for 12–15 minutes or until onion is soft and golden.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and cook for 8–10 minutes or until parsnip is very soft. Using a hand-held stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Divide between bowls and top with the caramelised onion, thyme and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.