- 1kg rock salt
- 1kg starchy potatoes
- ½ cup (35g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- ⅔ cup (100g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 egg yolks
- pasta sauce+, to serve (see tips + tricks)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the salt on a baking tray, top with the potatoes and bake for 1 hour or until soft and skins are crispy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut the potatoes in half. Scoop the flesh into a medium bowl and mash until smooth. Add the parmesan, flour and salt and mix to combine. Add the egg yolks and stir until the mixture comes together.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 1 minute or until a soft dough forms. Divide the dough into 4 x 30cm-long ropes. Cut each rope into 3cm-long pieces and set aside on a lightly floured tray. Cook half of the gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Drain. Repeat with the remaining gnocchi.
- Divide between bowls, top with pasta sauce and sprinkle with the extra parmesan to serve. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ We served our gnocchi in a simple tomato passata with basil and pepper. You can serve yours with your favourite pasta sauce.
+ We used starchy potatoes, such as sebago. You can also use desiree or pontiac.
There are no comments for this entry yet.