perfect pot roast chicken
- 1.5kg chicken
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 6 chat (baby) potatoes
- 12 sprigs lemon thyme
- ¾ cup (180ml) chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry white wine
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place chicken breast-side up in a deep-sided pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add garlic, potatoes, thyme, stock and wine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with the lid. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the lid and bake for a further 15 minutes or until chicken is golden.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the roasted potatoes, garlic and some of the pan juices. Serves 2 with leftover chicken
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.