spicy salami, ricotta and olive calzone
- 250g truss cherry tomatoes
- 1 x quantity basic pizza dough+
- 1 cup (200g) fresh ricotta
- 150g stracchino cheese++, sliced
- 100g spicy salami, sliced
- ½ cup (75g) pitted kalamata olives, torn
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place a large baking tray in the oven for 5–10 minutes. Cut 6 of the tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out on a lightly floured surface to make 2 x 28cm rounds. Divide the ricotta, stracchino, salami, olives, halved tomatoes and parsley between half of each of the rounds, leaving a 1cm border.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, fold the dough over to enclose the fillings and press the edges to seal. Remove the tray from the oven and brush with oil.
- Carefully transfer the calzones onto the tray and bake for 8 minutes. Add the remaining tomatoes to the tray and bake for a further 8–10 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Slice and sprinkle with parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
+ Find our recipe for basic pizza dough here.
++ Stracchino cheese is a soft, creamy cow’s milk cheese. If you can’t find it, substitute it with 1½ cups (150g) grated mozzarella.
There are no comments for this entry yet.