red lentil pasta with rocket, tomato and burrata
- 500g truss cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup oregano leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, skin on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup (55g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 250g Barilla red lentil pasta
- 50g rocket (about half a bunch), shredded
- ⅓ cup small basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 small burrata
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes, oregano and garlic on the tray and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the tomatoes with the pepitas and roast for a further 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are starting to soften.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 7–9 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return to the warm pan. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their skins into the pasta. Add the tomatoes, oregano, pepitas and any juices. Add the rocket, basil, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Divide between serving bowls and top with the burrata to serve. Serves 3
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.