spicy chorizo and bean nachos
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh chorizo sausages (450g), casings removed and meat torn
- 300g pork mince
- cracked black pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups (210g) store-bought corn chips
- 1 cup basil leaves
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Place the onion, vinegar and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to pickle.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo, pork, salt and pepper and cook for 6–8 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Add the tomato and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 8–10 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Add the kidney beans and mix to combine. Divide the chips between bowls, top with the chorizo mixture, pickled onions, basil and parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.