with caramelised onion, bacon and mozzarella
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 840g brown onions (about 4 large), sliced
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken or beef stock
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g Barilla rigatoni
- 2 x 120g fresh mozzarella, sliced
- extra crispy bacon rashers and oregano leaves, to serve
- Heat a large deep frying pan over medium high heat. Add the oil, onions, bacon and oregano and cook stirring for 6 minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the balsamic, stock, salt and pepper and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce temperature to medium and allow to cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until the onions are golden and caramelised.
- When the onions are half way through their cooking time cook the rigatoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente, then drain. Add the rigatoni to the onions and cook for 1 minute, tossing to coat.
- Place into serving bowls and top with mozzarella slices, crispy bacon and oregano leaves. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.