spinach and zucchini fritters
- 4 cups (750g/1 lb 10 oz) firmly packed grated zucchini (courgette) (about 4 zucchinis)
- 1 cup (60g/2 oz) firmly packed finely chopped English spinach
- ½ cup (8g/¼ oz) mint leaves, shredded
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup (90g/3 oz) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup (40g/1½ oz) finely grated parmesan
- ¼ cup (50g/1¾ oz) white chia seeds
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Cobram Estate Classic flavoured extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- Place the zucchini between sheets of absorbent kitchen paper and press to remove any excess moisture.
- Place the zucchini, spinach, mint, eggs, almond meal, parmesan, chia seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Allow to stand for 20–30 minutes.
- Heat an 18cm–20cm (7 in–8 in) non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add a little oil and ½ cup of the fritter mixture. Spread the mixture thinly to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 6–8 minutes each side or until golden. Remove the fritter from the pan and place on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding more oil as necessary, to make 8 fritters. Makes 1 quantity
TIPS + TRICKS
+ The secret to turning these crispy fritters is to let them cook for the full 6 minutes on each side – don’t be tempted to flip too early!
+ You can wrap any leftover fritters and keep them in the fridge. When ready to use, cover and warm them slightly in the oven.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.