- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 2 x 350g double veal cutlets
- olive oil, extra, for brushing
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 bunch sage, leaves picked
white wine sauce
- 100g butter
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) dry white wine
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). To make the white wine sauce, melt the butter in a frying pan over high heat, add the garlic, wine, salt and pepper and cook for 1–2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the capers and cook for 2–3 minutes or until crispy. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Brush the veal with the extra oil and rub with the garlic, salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan over high heat and cook the veal for 1 minute each side. Wrap each cutlet with prosciutto, top with the sage and secure with kitchen string. Place on a baking tray and roast for 15 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Slice and serve with the white wine sauce and crispy capers. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.