silverbeet and artichoke israeli couscous risotto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup oregano leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1½ cups (250g) Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 6 long-stem marinated artichokes, quartered
- 5 cups (175g) shredded silverbeet (Swiss chard), stems removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add the oregano and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the stock, cream and lemon rind and bring to the boil.
- Add the couscous and cook, stirring, for 12 minutes or until thickened and cooked through. Stir through the artichoke, silverbeet, lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Divide between bowls and top with the extra parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.