simple super greens pasta
- 400g dried wholemeal (whole-wheat) pasta
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 5 cups (175g) firmly packed shredded kale leaves
- 2 zucchini (courgette), grated
- 2½ cups (60g) baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup (60g) sauerkraut
- ⅓ cup (18g) shredded mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- buffalo mozzarella, burrata or finely grated parmesan and lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) pasta water, and set aside.
- Return the saucepan to medium heat and add the oil, garlic and chilli. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Add the kale and zucchini and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until the kale has wilted.
- Add the spinach, sauerkraut, mint, lemon rind, salt and pepper and stir through. Add the pasta and toss to combine, adding a generous splash of the reserved pasta water if needed.
- Serve the pasta with buffalo mozzarella, burrata or parmesan, and a squeeze of lemon. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
This dish is a taste sensation and all ingredients picked from the garden. My taste buds are singing… gorgeous.