spicy peanut cauliflower rice bowls
- 800g (1 lb 12 oz) cauliflower florets (about 1 large head)
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) light flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 long red chillies, chopped
- 1 cup (140g/5 oz) roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 250g (8¾ oz) green beans, halved lengthways and blanched
- 2 zucchinis (courgettes), shredded using a julienne peeler
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (90g/3 oz) crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (80ml/2¾ fl oz) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons raw caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- To make the peanut dressing, place the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar and lime juice in a medium bowl, whisk to dissolve the sugar and set aside.
- In 2 batches, place the cauliflower in a food processor and process until it resembles rice.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying-pan over medium-high heat. Add the chilli and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the peanuts and cook for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower rice and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until just soft.
- Divide the mixture between serving bowls and top with the beans, zucchini and onion. Serve with the peanut dressing. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ For a satay chicken variation on these bowls, you can grill 2 chicken breast fillets until they’re tender and cooked through, slice them and add a few strips to each serving.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.