tuna and wakame nachos
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 400g sashimi-grade tuna
- 2 teaspoons light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 300g white cabbage, shredded
- 300g seaweed corn chips
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon wakame flakes+
- micro (baby) shiso leaves (optional), to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- tofu mayonnaise
- 300g silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons wasabi
- sea salt flakes
- To make the tofu mayo, place the tofu, ginger, wasabi and salt in a small food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chia, sesame and salt on a plate. Press the tuna into the mixture to coat on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook the tuna for 1 minute each side or until lightly seared. Remove and slice.
- Place the cabbage and 1⁄3 cup of the tofu mayonnaise in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the corn chips on a plate and top with the cabbage, tuna, avocado, wakame and shiso, if using. Serve with the remaining tofu mayonnaise and lemon wedges. Serves 4
+ Wakame flakes are available from health food stores and Asian grocers.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.