wasabi-crumbed prawn skewers
with shoestring fries
- 1kg sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and cut into 5mm strips
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon wasabi
- ½ cup (160g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 24 medium green tiger prawns, peeled and tails intact
- 2 cups (150g) panko breadcrumbs
- lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the potato, oil and salt in a large bowl and toss to combine. Place on 3 large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 25–30 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- Increase oven temperature to 240°C (475°F). Place the wasabi and mayonnaise in a small bowl and mix to combine. Place half the mayonnaise mixture in a large bowl, add the prawns and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a large bowl, add the prawns and toss to coat. Thread each prawn onto 1 metal skewer and place on large oven trays. Cook for 6–8 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Serve the skewers and fries with lime wedges and the remaining wasabi mayonnaise. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.