white pepper grilled chicken
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, bone in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the parsley salad, mix to combine the vinegar, honey and oil. Place the parsley, capers and cucumber in a bowl and toss to combine. Set both aside. Preheat a barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-low heat.
- Place the peppercorns, salt and fennel seeds into a mortar and grind with a pestle until the mixture is a rough powder. Score the chicken skin at regular intervals, brush with oil and sprinkle with the white pepper mixture. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes each side or until golden.
- Transfer to a baking tray, skin-side up, and roast for 15–20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the parsley salad and dressing. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.