balsamic pot roast chicken
- ½ cup (125ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (250ml) good-quality chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60g) firmly packed CSR brown sugar
- 8 sprigs oregano
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 x 1.6kg whole chicken
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1kg medium roasting potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 600g parsnips (about 3), peeled and halved
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the balsamic, stock, sugar, oregano and garlic into a deep ovenproof saucepan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pan, breast-side down. Add the potatoes and parsnips and drizzle with oil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, place in the oven and bake for 45–50 minutes.
- Remove the lid and carefully turn the chicken over. Baste the chicken with the pan juices and cook for a further 10–15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serves 4
You can swap the parsnips for carrots - either way, this easy pot roast is a meal in itself!
Photography: Chris Court
This recipe is from Donna’s book One Pan Perfect - click here to purchase
There are no comments for this entry yet.