cheat’s beef stroganoff
with creamy polenta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 600g scotch fillet steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 300g Swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup (170g) instant polenta
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought caramelised onion relish, to serve
- watercress sprigs, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until just seared. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the mushroom, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, sour cream and water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the beef and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, place the milk, salt and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Gradually add the polenta and cook, whisking, for 2–3 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide the polenta between serving plates and top with the stroganoff, caramelised onion and watercress to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.