cheat’s cauliflower cheese lasagne
- 500g (6 sheets) fresh lasagne sheets, blanched
- 500g cauliflower, sliced 5mm thick
- 1 cup (100g) grated fior di latte+
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- crispy sage leaves and toasted almonds, to serve
- 500g mascarpone
- 1½ cups (360g) ricotta
- 1½ cups (120g) grated parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). To make the cheat’s bechamel, place the mascarpone, ricotta, parmesan, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place 2 of the lasagne sheets in the base of a lightly greased 34cm x 23cm oven tray or baking dish.
- Top the lasagne sheets with 2 cups of the bechamel and spread evenly. Repeat with the remaining lasagne sheets and bechamel, ending on a sheet of lasagne. Top with the cauliflower, fior di latte, cream, salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with the extra parmesan. Cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with crispy sage and almonds to serve. Serves 4
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Fior di latte is a soft mozzarella available from cheese shops and delicatessens.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.