crispy pork belly
with fennel black salt
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 1 x 2kg piece boneless pork belly, rind scored at 1cm intervals
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 2 tablespoons black sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Rub half the salt into the pork rind. Drizzle with the oil and rub to coat. Place the pork, rind-side down, in a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C (400°F). Turn the pork, sprinkle the rind with the remaining salt and roast for a further 1 hour or until the rind is golden and crunchy.
- To make the fennel salt, place the fennel and black salt in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Slice the pork, place it on a serving platter and sprinkle with the fennel salt. Serves 8–10
Photography: Anson Smart
There are no comments for this entry yet.