zucchini, gorgonzola, honey and walnut tarts
- 2 sheets frozen butter puff pastry+, thawed
- 250g gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra
- ¼ cup (25g) walnuts, chopped
- honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Cut each pastry sheet in half, lightly prick the pastry with a fork and, using a knife, gently score a 1.5cm border around the edge of each rectangle. Top the pastry with the cheese and zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil. Brush the edges with the egg and place on 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 18 minutes. Place the sage and extra oil in a small bowl, toss to combine and divide between the tarts. Bake for a further 2 minutes or until the pastry is golden and cooked. Sprinkle with the walnuts and drizzle with the honey to serve. Makes 4.
+ Frozen butter puff pastry is available in the freezer aisle of supermarkets. Thaw frozen pastry in the fridge for 20 minutes – it will stay cold enough to handle.
There are no comments for this entry yet.