double layer fudgy chocolate cake
with ganache icing
- 2 packet Donna Hay fudgy chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 250g melted unsalted butter
- 2 sachet chocolate chunks for icing
- 120ml cream
Each packet contains
- 1 sachet chocolate cake mix
- 1 sachet chocolate chunks for icing
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced).
- Following the packet instructions, place both cake mixes in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk to combine the butter, milk and eggs. Pour into the centre of the cake mix and stir until smooth.
- Spoon the cake mixture into 2 x 20cm round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 45–50 minutes or until the centre of the cake is just set. Allow the cake to stand in the tin for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the ganache icing, place the chocolate chunks and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- Allow the icing to stand for 5 minutes. Turn the cakes upside down and pour the icing over each completely cooled cake. To serve, place one cake on a plate and top with the second cake. Serves 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.