bread cup quiches
- 12 slices wholemeal bread, crusts cut off
- 40g butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- ⅔ cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Using a rolling pin, roll out each slice of bread until it’s very thin. Lightly spread one side of each slice with the butter. Use the bread slices, buttered-side down, to line the holes of 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins, folding and pressing them in to fit. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Wearing oven gloves, carefully remove the tins from the oven.
- Break the eggs into a large jug. Add the milk, salt, pepper and half the parmesan and mix to combine, using a whisk. Pour into the bread cases and sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes or until just set. Wearing oven gloves, remove the trays from the oven and allow to cool a little. If you like, serve with extra parmesan and some snipped chives. Makes 12
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.