caramelised pineapple skewers
with rum drizzle
- 1 x 1kg pineapple, trimmed and peeled
- 1 cup (220g) white sugar
- 1½ cups (240g) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the rum drizzle, place the icing sugar in a bowl. Add the rum and lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Cut the pineapple into 8 pieces and thread each piece onto a wooden skewer.
- Place the sugar on a tray and press the cut sides of the pineapple into the sugar. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and caramelised. Top with the rum drizzle to serve. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.