cardamom and coconut chicken skewers
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into 3cm strips
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- charred store-bought roti, to serve
- 1 green bird’s-eye chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
coriander and chilli salsa
- 4 cups coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 long green chilli, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- Place the chicken, coconut cream, lime, ginger, garlic, cardamom, chilli powder and turmeric in a large bowl and mix to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the salsa, place the coriander leaves, mint, chilli, lime juice, ground coriander, yoghurt, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Thread the chicken onto 10 metal skewers. Heat a char-grill pan over high heat and grease well. Cook the chicken for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Serve with roti, salsa and sliced green chilli. Makes 10.
Absolutely stunning loved this recipe was a winner thank you Donna hay