cinnamon sugar sponge churros with caramel
- 1 cup (220g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 1 x 450g store-bought unfilled rectangular double sponge cake
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought thick caramel or dulce de leche, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the sugar and cinnamon on a shallow tray and mix to combine. Place the eggs and milk in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut each sponge in half lengthways then cut each half into 12 long fingers to make 24 pieces. Dip the sponge fingers in the egg mixture and toss in the sugar to coat.
- Place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve the churros with the caramel. Serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.