crab and sweet corn potato bake
- 2 cups (360g) cooked picked crabmeat
- 3 cobs corn, kernels removed
- 1½ cups (120g) finely grated asiago+
- 1kg Dutch cream (waxy) potatoes++, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 100g baby zucchini (courgette), trimmed and halved lengthways
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease a 6-cup-capacity (1.5L) ovenproof frying pan or skillet. Reserve and set aside ½ cup (90g) of the crab, ¼ cup (40g) of the corn kernels and ½ cup (40g) of the cheese.
- Arrange alternate layers of the potato, onion, and the remaining corn, crab and cheese in the pan. Evenly pour over the cream and cover the pan tightly with non-stick baking paper and aluminium foil. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and baking paper. Add the zucchini and top with the reserved crab, corn and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for a further 45 minutes or until golden and the potato is cooked through. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 6.
+ Asiago is a semi-hard Italian cow’s milk cheese, sold in specialty grocers and delicatessens. You could also use parmesan or pecorino here.
++ Kipfler and nicola are also varieties of waxy potatoes.
There are no comments for this entry yet.