crispy crab and ginger dumplings
- 500g picked cooked crab meat+, drained
- ¼ cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic chives
- 2cm piece (10g) ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- soy sauce and hot chilli sauce, to serve
- Place the crab, oyster sauce, chives, ginger and white pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a clean benchtop dusted with rice flour and brush the edges of the wrappers with water.
- Place 1½ teaspoons of the crab mixture into the centre of each wonton wrapper and fold in each corner, slightly overlapping, to form an envelope.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat until temperature reaches 180°C (350°F) on a kitchen thermometer. Cook the dumplings, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with soy and hot chilli sauce. Makes 24.
+ You can buy fresh or frozen picked crab meat from your fishmonger.
There are no comments for this entry yet.