fig and goat's cheese tart
- 2 sheets store-bought shortcrust pastry
- 125g goat’s curd+ or soft goat’s cheese
- 4 black figs, halved
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F). Cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Line 8 x lightly greased 8cm-round, fluted tart tins with pastry. Trim excess pastry and lightly prick bases with a fork.
- Divide the goat’s curd and fig halves between the cases.
- Place eggs, cream, chives, parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour into cases and bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool to room temperature and serve. Makes 8.
+ Goat’s curd is fresh goat’s cheese available from delicatessens.
There are no comments for this entry yet.