fried mozzarella and olive finger sandwiches
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- ½ tablespoon store-bought olive tapenade
- 400g mozzarella, sliced
- 40g butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (60ml) milk
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups (160g) finely grated parmesan
- Spread 4 slices of bread with the tapenade and top with the cheese. Sandwich with remaining bread and cut each sandwich into 3.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and then press into the parmesan.
- Cook, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted. Makes 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.