lemon cream pots
- 2 cups (500ml) double (thick) cream
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- double (thick) cream, to serve
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup (40g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 2 eggwhites
- 40g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Place cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon rind and juice and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Pour into 4 x ¾ cup-capacity (185ml) dishes and refrigerate for 3–4 hours or until set.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF). To make the wafers, place flour, icing sugar, eggwhite, butter and rind in a bowl and mix well to combine. Place a teaspoonful of mixture on a lightly greased baking tray and spread to create a 12cm strip. Repeat with remaining mixture, leaving space for wafers to spread. Bake for 6–8 minutes or until light golden. Cool on trays. Top pots with cream and serve with wafers. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.